North Dorset LAG surgery in Verwood
Summary: Find out if your rural project is eligible for a grant
Don’t miss out – £1m of LEADER grants for rural businesses and communities must be awarded before 2019.
The Northern Dorset Local Action Group (LAG) still has more than a £1.2 million of European Agricultural Fund money to distribute to rural businesses and communities - including those in the Cranborne Chase AONB - as part of the Rural Development Programme for England. The Programme Team will hold application surgeries in Verwood on 13 November. This is an opportunity to talk through ideas for your project.
The Local Action Group has already awarded LEADER grants to rural businesses from Sherborne and Sturminster Newton to Verwood and would love to see more places taking advantage of this funding; to help provide rural services or create jobs in the countryside.
Grants are available for a variety of capital projects, from £5,000 to £140,000 and could be for:
• a project to attract tourists to the Blackmore Vale or Cranborne Chase;
• a local food producer running out of room and keen to expand;
• a young entrepreneur with a new business idea looking for capital investment to start;
• village residents trying to save a community shop or pub;
• a rural business wanting to try something new but needing some help to cover the cost of innovative equipment.
Book a one-to one surgery with one of the Dorset LEADER team to talk through your project idea in confidence. Contact Ellie Makin, tel: 01305 225525 to book a convenient time.
Find out more at www.dorsetleader.org.uk