Sustainable Development Fund
Grants are available from the Sustainable Development Fund for projects that help to look after the Cranborne Chase & West Wiltshire Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The fund supports projects that bring social, environmental and economic benefits to the AONB. It aims to develop and test new methods of achieving a more sustainable way of life.
Each year, the available SDF budget will be divided into one main project award, one lesser award and a number of small awards. The exact amounts of the awards will differ from year to year dependent on budget.
From April 2014, the likely amounts are:
- Main award - £2,500 with minimum 100% match funding
- Second award - £1,000 with minimum 25% match funding
- Two smaller awards to projects of £500 each, with no match funding element required.
How to apply?
The application forms and guidance notes are below. Once you have a good idea of what you want to do, where, when, who with and how much it might cost then get in touch with us.
It is important to remember three things:
- The grants must be spent in the financial year in which they are awarded.
- There is no application deadline, grants are considered on a first come, first served basis.
- Successful applicants will be expected to help publicise the fund and the AONB.
SDF Application Form (PDF, 521kB)
SDF Application Form - Editable in Microsoft Word (MS Word, 1346kB)
SDF Guidance Notes (PDF, 905kB)