If you would like to join the mailing list, fill in the box below:
To see previous bulletins, please click on the links below (opens in a new window):
- April - Star Fest 2019, Share your photos, Farmland Bird Count, Schools plant elm trees to help white-letter hairstreak butterfly, Astrophotographer captures our dark night skies with stunning photos, The Calor Rural Community Fund - grants of up to £5,000 available, Tisbury and West Tisbury Neighbourhood Plan
- May - New chairman is wildlife enthusiast, Discover Shire Rack in June, Guided walk will take in butterflies, flowers and wildlife, AONB seeks Dark Sky Advisor, SDF money available, Further funding opportunities, Horse riders enjoy beauty of the Chase, Can you help us with our Turtle dove research?, How you can help our wild birds, the Chalke Valley History Festival, The Hub is recognised as a dementia-friendly place, The National Plant Monitoring Scheme needs YOU!, Restored military badge opened by Duke of Kent, Hardy Way creator walks the path for charity, Seeking myth and legend in Cranborne Chase
- March - A boundary walk that will bring to life historic intrigue and hidden gems, Spectacular private AONB estates open their gates for horse riders, Why dark night skies are essential for all, Map of Australia badge next in line for restoration, New App will help to track ancient animals in Cranborne Chase, Melbury Abbas crowd funds to take back traffic control, Know Your Place makes tithe maps available to all, Chalke Valley History Festival, The Arts Society Nadder Valley group set up, Natural environment should be at the heart of planning, says The Wildlife Trusts, Campaign launches to uncover England’s forgotten memorials, South Today presenter opens Martin Community Shop, Treasures of the Chase
- February - AONB-funded space workshops meet with children’s approval, Great history or wildlife project idea?, Winter stargazing is an out of this world experience, Learn how to take incredible night sky images, AONB Partnership seeks new chairman, Annual Planning and Transportation Seminar, Protected landscape employs new mini mascot, Lost Jekyll/Mawson garden within the AONB undergoes restoration, Middleton Down to get makeovers, Shire Rack walk, Pleasure ride on Cranborne Chase, Blandford Town Museum, Heart of Wessex LAG, LAG funding available for Dorset projects, Somerset’s Local Access Forum needs you, Help our wildlife
- December - AONB schools to be treated to space workshops, Stargazing events scheduled for the New Year, Learn night sky photography skills, Treasures of the Chase
- November - Housing boom threatens future of AONBs, Project Development Officer leaves, AONB Partnership seeks new Chairman, Stargazing events, Future looks bleak for the ash according to experts, Ancient tree enthusiasts atLongleat, Sutton Veny – A History goes on sale, Wiltshire’s CPRE Best Kept Small Village, Kingston Lacy’s Bankes archives, LEADER grants available, Podcast reveals stories behind World War I, Organisations have grant money up for grabs, Treasures of the Chase
- October - Stargazing events, Longleat’s old deer park for Ancient Tree Forum walk, Springhead Trust raises awareness of the remarkable ash, Groundbreaking crayfish plague research, Wessex Water’s focus on environment schemes, Cello and piano duo coming to Kingston Deverill, GWCT encourages landowners to count partridges, Sutton Veny prepares for book launch, Ebbesbourne Wake bells set for 20th birthday celebration,
- August - Springhead Trust celebrates the ash tree, Sutton Mandeville badges, AONB appoints new Landscape Partnership Development Officer, Famous Hedgehog Bakery signs up for Taste The Chase, Survey, Acclaimed jazz pianist at Kingston Deverill, Plunkett grant, Butterflies on show at Pentridge, The Nadder Centre has wellbeing in mind, Funding advice available at agricultural show, NEW SERIES Treasures of the Chase, Get set for Outstanding Week
- July - Minister meets Cranborne Chase farmers and volunteers, Local cider makers, Walk in the footsteps of William Cunnington, AONB farmers post Brexit, Painting inspired by Knowlton Church on display at Summer Exhibition, Acclaimed jazz pianist comes to Kingston Deverill, DCC posts plans on C13 route management scheme, Knowlton - symbol of religious transistion where ghosts reside, Get set for Outstanding Week, Have you got news for us?
- April - Dr Dick Potts, Farmland conservation project nets prestigious award, Fairground Attraction icon comes to Deverills, Blandford+ Neighbourhood Plan, pioneer archaeologists, Tapping into woodland potential, Heart of Wessex LAG events, Bob Mizon Award, Exciting new environmental charity needs trustees, Stargazing spots, Taste the Chase
- March - Michael Mounde, Exciting new environmental charity seeks trustees, Dark Night Skies bid, Making woodland work for you, South Wiltshire Farmland Conservation Project, SDF funding, Wired for sound, Exciting archaeology events
- January - Trustees needed for an exciting new environmental charity, Stargazing Event, Cranborne Chase Woodfair - Cancelled, Foundations of Archaeology Project update, Dorset Food & Drink event, Funding Update, The Wiltshire and Swindon HLC Project, Save your Red Phone Box
- November - AONB wins £1.7 million grant, Annual Forum & Stargazing Event, New rural tourism initiatives, The Foundations of Archaeology Project, Your Neighbourhood; Your Landscapes, Funding Update, The Dorset Police Rural Crime Team, Wild Wiltshire
- July - AONB Locator Logos, Dark Skies update, Planning in the AONB, Projects Update, Chalke Valley History Festival, Funding Update, Photo Competition Update, New regulations regarding the sale of wild game, Dorset Food & Drink's Charity Calendar, Bird of the month - The Great Bustard!
- May - AONB News, Turtle Doves, AONB Locator Logo Scheme, Planning & Transportationn Seminar 10th May, Projects update, Photo Competition Update, Bird of the month - the Swift.
- February - Stargazing, LAG Update, Free Leaflets, Bringing history and nature together, Taste the Chase, Projects Update, Grants & Funding update, P&T Seminar, Bird of the month - the Lapwing.
- December - AONB News, Projects Update, Grants and Funding, Competition Time, Star-Gazing Events, Bird of the Month
- October - Woodfair 2015, AONB News, Projects Update, Events, Bird of the Month
- August - Cranborne Chase Woodfair, Bowland Award, Walking The Stellar Sky, Projects Update, Volunteering Opportunities, Events Guide, Bird of the Month, Business of the Month
- June - Foundations of Archaeology Project, New Chairman & Vice Chairman, Farmland Conservation Project, So much more than the view AONB & National Parks publication, Q & A, Funding & Grants, Events, Bird of the Month, Business of the Month - Five Rivers Environmental Contracting.
- April - The Stepping Stones Project, Winterborne Whitechurch Wind Farm Refusal, Save The Drovers Inn, Trustees Update, Training Needs for Tourism & Leisure Businesses, Your Questions Answered, Funding & Grants, Training, National Plant Monitoring Scheme, Events, Bird of the Month, Business of the Month - Rockbourne Trout Fishery
- February - Date for your diary - Cranborne Chase Woodfair, Business event at Broad Chalke, Planning Matters - Advice for agricultural buildings, Historic Environment Conference, Bird of the Month - Corn Bunting
- January - New Countryside Charity, Trustees required for new Charity, Management Plan Update
- December - AONB Chairman, Dark Night Skies Update, New Countryside Stewardship Scheme, Business of the Month, Animal of the Month, General News/Events
- October - Autumn Walk, Dark Night Skies Status, Working Woodlands Events, Heart of Wessex Funding, Business of the Month, Animal of the Month, General News/Events
- August - New AONB Management Plan, Annual Forum, Sharing, Learning, Inspiring: Landscapes for Life, Funding to support rural jobs, Planning Matters, General News
- May - Annual Forum
- March - Office move, Discover Nadder welcome packs, Discover Chalke Valley website
- January - Woodfair, Local Action funding, SDF changes, Discover Nadder
- October - Management Plan Review, Woodfair Success, New Minister for AONBs, The Value of AONB Partnerships
- August - special Woodfair edition
- March - Management Plan Review, SDF Update, Natural England, Cranborne Chase Woodfair, Archaeological Discovery, Join the Marque
- Autumn - Stepping Stones, SustainableTourism Project, Site sought for new Centre, Fears for beauty and tranquillity, Outstandingly good brewing, Conference Report, Royal trees in the AONB, A Flying Success!, Rural roads versus urban clutter
- Spring - Sowing Seeds Update, The Farmstead Project, Events, Arable Wildlife, River Allen Living Landscape Project, Historic Environment Action Plan Update, The Ancient Technology Centre
- March - special Historic Environment Action Plan issue