Latest AONB News
We are seeking entries to our year-long photography competition which runs from Autumn 2015 to Autumn 2016. The competition is for all ages and will be run in two halves.
Deadline for entries:
The AONB in the Autumn/Winter - 10th April 2016
The AONB in the Spring/Summer - 9th October 2016
We will pick a winner in each of the categories below in May 2016 and November 2016 respectively. In addition, we will pick a sixth winner: Young photographer 16yrs or under (any category).
All finalists will go forward for judging and the overall winners will then become ‘Cranborne Chase Outstanding Photographer 2016' and ‘Cranborne Chase Outstanding Young Photographer 2016’.
The categories are:
- Landscape, wildlife and heritage
- Health and recreation
- Rural economy
- Vibrant communities
- The sky at night
The winning images will be used in future AONB publications, promotional material and on the website so if you would like to see your photographs in prints please send us your pictures!
Prizes to include….
A selection of stunning books: British Wildlife Photography Awards; Landscape Photographer of the Year; Astronomy Photographer of the Year; Wildlife Photographer of the Year Desk Diary and one to one tuition with a local award winning photographer.
How to enter
- Entry is open to anyone living, working, or visiting the Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB).
- Photographs must be of the Cranborne Chase AONB – see the following link for a map of the area: General_MapSW.pdf
- You may submit up to three photos for each of the two competitions (6 photos in total).
- Entries can be full colour or black and white in digital format saved as low-res jpegs.
- Send your images (no larger than 5MB) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing dates of 10th April 2016 and/or 9th October 2016.
- Include your name and email address (e-mail addresses will be used to confirm your entry and to contact you. They will not be used for any other purpose or passed onto any third party).
- Include a file name for each photo stating where it was taken and a caption/title.
- Include your date of birth if 16 or under.
- By entering you agree to the Terms and Conditions set out in the competition rules.
- See Terms and Conditions or email email@example.com or telephone the office on 01725 517417 to be sent a copy.
Whilst this is a competition, the AONB hopes to retain the best photographs to use in the future.