Latest AONB News
Nadder Centre opens to the community
Tisbury area residents can now access a state of the art fitness suite, fitted with the latest smart technology to record and track progress, as the new Nadder Centre opens its leisure facilities.
The centre also hosts start-up business units, which are available to view and rent from this date. The units provide business space and support for people looking to launch a new business or take the first step into their own office space.
The centre's wider community facilities will be available from early September onwards and will include:
- Library including a children's section
- Main events hall including state of the art sound/lighting system and large screen
- Community/business meeting rooms
- Dance studio
- Children's centre services running twice weekly from the centre
- New pre-school accommodation for Tisbury Pre-school which includes an outside play area
- Cafe area with hot drinks available
John Thomson, cabinet member with responsibility for campuses, said: "I'm delighted that residents in the Tisbury area can now enjoy the new Nadder Centre and can use the range of facilities and services that this community hub offers. "This centre is part of the council's programme to invest £80m to provide vibrant community hubs across the county."
Users will also be able to benefit from the newly refurbished adjacent outdoor swimming pool which is run by Tisbury Swimming Club. From 5 September Tisbury Pre-school will be based in the centre.