Latest AONB News
Trustees needed for an exciting new environmental charity
This is a fantastic opportunity to help run a new charity – the Cranborne Chase Landscape Trust (CCLT) – which is focused on conserving and enhancing the Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). In particular, the charity has been set up to help:
- Ensure that traditional rural trades and crafts are kept alive
- Offer young people opportunities to gain practical countryside skills
- Encourage and enable people to get out and explore the countryside
- Provide opportunities for all ages to learn about the wonderful landscape, wildlife, history, archaeology and culture of the area
- Promote the area as a green tourism destination for those who might want to come to walk, ride or cycle or learn about the area
- Offer a wide range of volunteering opportunities
Current projects we are involved with: Helping to deliver a new visitor and interpretation centre for the Cranborne Chase AONB and supporting a conservation project to improve local habitats for the endangered Turtle Dove.
Skills that we are looking for: We would be really interested in hearing from you if you have skills or experience in any of the following areas: fundraising/bid writing, project management, marketing/promotion, HR, finance/book keeping or business acumen.
For more information: Visit our website www.cranbornechaselt.org.uk. If you would like to have an informal chat, then please contact Steve Avery, Chairman of CCLT firstname.lastname@example.org / 01425 483075 or Zam Baring, Trustee and Vice Chairman of the AONB Partnership Panel email@example.com
All interested applicants are asked to send a supporting statement and CV to Shirley Merrick on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30th January 2017 Interviews: February 2017 (TBC)