Building/s and Land required for a new Countryside Charity
The Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) Partnership is seeking to establish a Countryside Centre. The Centre will provide vocational training courses, special interest courses, environmental education, volunteering opportunities and a range of visitor opportunities to explore the surrounding countryside. It will ensure that young people have opportunities to gain countryside and heritage skills locally. We are currently seeking to adapt, convert, or rebuild a redundant rural building/s within the AONB to create the Centre. A new charity is being established to run the Centre.
Unfortunately it is clear from the Business Plan that has been drawn up that it is very unlikely that we could pay a commercial rent especially in the establishment phase of the Centre but we would be very happy to negotiate.
There are specific criteria required of any potential location:
1. Be located within easy access of one of the main roads that run through the AONB:
- The A30, Shaftesbury to Wilton road – this is the ideal location as it runs through the centre of the AONB
- The B3089, Barford St Martin to the A350
- The A354, Blandford to Coombe Bissett road
- East of the A350, from Blandford up to and including Crockerton
- The A36, Sutton Veny to Wilton road
- The A303 West Knoyle to Wylye road
2. On the edge of an existing settlement (within 100-150m) OR part of an existing, well established farm holding that may be more distant from the edge of a settlement
3. Be available to lease for 20-25 years (this is the minimum length of time most funders the charity would be applying to will consider).
4. Have an existing building/s (disused/empty) that could be adapted for use as a multi use centre. The charity will pay for and undertake the refurbishment. The building should be located away from residential buildings to avoid disturbance. Minimum space required is 275 – 300sqm.
5. An area for car parking minimum of 100 spaces (plus turning areas)
6. Two to three acres of land that would ideally be located near the building but separate parcels considered.
7. Ideally services should be on site or nearby