Grants & Funding
Sustainable Development Fund
Grants are available from the Sustainable Development Fund for projects that help to look after the Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The fund supports projects that bring social, environmental and economic benefits to the AONB. It aims to develop and test new methods of achieving a more sustainable way of life.
Each year, the available SDF budget will be divided into one main project award, one lesser award and a number of small awards. The exact amounts of the awards will differ from year to year dependent on budget.
In 2015, awards will be:
- Main award - £2,000 with minimum 100% match funding
- Second award - £1,000 with minimum 25% match funding
- Two smaller awards to projects of £500 each, with no match funding element required.
So far this year we have made one award of £1,000 to Save The Drovers Inn Action Group; a group of enthusiastic folk who are planning to take their local pub into community ownership. As we make more awards, we will add them to this page.
How to apply?
The application forms and guidance notes are below. Once you have a good idea of what you want to do, where, when, who with, and how much it might cost then get in touch with us.
It is important to remember two things:
- The grants must be spent in the financial year (1st April – 31st March) in which they are awarded.
- Successful applicants will be expected to help publicise the Fund and the AONB.
Please note our change of address to send the forms back is now Cranborne Chase AONB Office, Shears Building, Stone Lane Industrial Estate, Wimborne, BH21 1HD.
SDF Application Form - Editable in Microsoft Word
Examples of the type of projects which have received awards are:
- Community shops and local products.
- Projects that work with disadvantaged young people.
- Fund raising events for community action; so that the funds raised are not used in putting on the event.
- Projects to develop sustainable technologies such as renewable energy schemes.
- Projects that communicate and celebrate the history and culture of this area.
What do we want to fund in the future?
This is a fund that seeks to foster innovative ways of working and living in the AONB, so we hope that you will come up with ideas that we have never thought of!
Other Funding Opportunities
Here you will find links to other funding opportunities. Click on the item you are interested in to read the whole article on our blog pages.
If you would like to get a weekly summary of the latest grants & funding news, you can subscribe to Blog updates: