The Cranborne Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is a landscape of national significance.
The primary purpose of AONB designation is the conservation and enhancement of natural beauty. Natural beauty includes wildlife, scientific, and cultural heritage, in relation to their landscape characteristics and quality, National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are equally important aspects of the nation’s heritage and environmental capital.
You can use this section to find out more:
- Landscape Character introduces the landscape character of the AONB.
- Our landscapes and change discusses if landscapes can cope with change and explores how the AONB is helping to create a more resilient landscape.
- Natural Landscapes outlines the outstanding biodiversity of the AONB.
- History in the Landscape explores how the historic character of the AONB landscape.
- Landscapes and planning looks at how the AONB interacts with the planning system.
- Working the Land looks at the relationship between land management and this spectacular landscape.
- Why we are special? explores the national, European and world context of the AONB.