Website Privacy Statement
Cranborne Chase AONB ("we" or "our" or "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (and any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you from our website (www.ccwwdaonb.org.uk) ("Website"), or that you provide to us by other means or will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Cranborne Chase & West Wiltshire Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Cranborne Chase & West Wiltshire Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service and any additional, posting material, contributions or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
4. Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for us to gather statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We may, from time to time, pop down to the meeting room when meetings are on, and take cookies from the table.
_Utma, utmb, _utmc, _utmz
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
We may embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube's embedding videos information page.
We may display either (or both) of the following widgets:
1. Feed widgets (widgets that display a feed from our social network page). These widgets do not create a cookie.
2. Sharing widgets (widgets such as Facebook Like, Twitter Share or AddThis) which enable you to share content of Golakes to your friends or followers. By default these do not create a cookie until you have clicked on the graphic or icon representing the sharing network you would like to use. By clicking the graphic or icon you consent to transmitting data to the respective social network.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
3. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
4. To regularly update you about our services and promotions in Newsletters.
Disclosure of your information
1. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group
2. We will not provide any personal information to third parties unless with your express permission.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
if you have previously agreed to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, or believe that we are doing this without your consent, you may inform us by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will remove your details from our database.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Cranborne Chase & West Wiltshire Downs AONB, AONB Office, 4 Castle Street, Cranborne, Dorset, BH21 5PZ.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.